Benefits of Dog toysAt times, creating a space for their entertainment can unfold their moody behavior. Physical health is as important as the lively heart. During the initial stages of growing teeth, the gums might get bruised. But, chewing a toy makes the gum strong thereby maintaining the teeth clean. Like humans, dogs too have an emotional quotient. When a dog’s mood is turned off, it might behave vigorously. In an extreme stage, dogs can tear your shoes or sofa. The standard quality of dog toys might support eliminating the mood swings of dogs. In your absence, the best companion for the pet is a dog toy. Moreover, an interaction between the dog and the toy can boost the overall health of the puppy. A Kong toy is stuffed with treats that engage the fido as he tries to lick out the overfill. Spending time with toys will develop your fur baby’s skills. Aside from that, these toys give mental and happiness. A positive relationship is built between you and the pet as they could easily associate you with entertainment.
Safety elementsHonestly, all the safety elements are based on the dog’s figure and behavior. We serve some of the guide factors despite zero guarantees on safety with any toys.
- Dispose of the toys that are about to break or broken already.
- Monitor the toys that have an embedded squeaker at its mid portion. Thinking from the pet’s mind, it will be curious to break the squeak part to swallow. Take special care when your pet is playing with the squeaker toys.
- You must be an expert on knowing your pet’s chewing habits before leaving him with the toy. Some of the dogs can give a surface bite to the toys thus playing with it for years whereas some dogs fall under the category of violent experiments with the toy and diminishing it within hours. In a rare case, a dog might disembowel a toy and ingest it.
- Choose a toy that is apt to our dog’s size. Avoid giving ball-shaped toys since these easy swallowable toys might lodge inside your pet’s throat.
- Avoid the strings, ribbons of any toys that aren't dog-proof. Dogs might chew off and eat.
- Consult a veterinarian and clarify the doubts on the safety of the toys. Remember, hardened rubber toys are durable and safe.
Toys we suggest
Comfort toys- relaxes the dog
- Dogs are more comfortable with soft and stuffed toys but it won’t suit all the dogs. At the same time if the toys is in a prey size (mouse size), it is very easy for the pet to handle and play
- A used pillowcase or a blanket that smells you can comfort a dog.
Interactive toys- interacts the dog with the toy
- Rope toys
- Fetch toys
Distraction toys- distract your pet from aggressive activities
- Puzzle toys
- Chew toys
Food delivery toysToys with stuffed goodies like kibble are more challenging toys to play. The dog must use its skill to break the toy in order to taste the treats.
Where and how to use toys?
- Make sure that you have three to four toys to offer for your pet in rotation. But, if your dog is very fond of a particular toy you can leave it with him to play all day.
- Offer a variety of toys for roll, kill and carry to develop multi-skills of the canine.
- Have an interactive session with your pet with the “Hide and Seek game”. Dogs always long for people’s time. Utilizing your free time with your favorite pet builds an untold lovable bond between you and the dog. Also, play a treasure hunt by scattering the kibble all over the grass area. Let your dog cherish the treats.
- Most of the interactive games can scale down the stress and anxiety of the dog. Importantly, these games can teach a dog about social interaction. Making time to train the dog has a great impact on the dog’s behavior.
Dog toys games
Tug of WarBeing an exceptional game, Tug of War is played following some guidelines.
- Reserve a toy exclusively for playing the game. With this thing in mind, you can greatly prevent the dog from grabbing anything from your hands.
- You must teach the dog “comments”
- Initiate the game with a “let’s tug” comment.
- Train your dog to release the tug from its mouth after hearing the “give or Out” comment. Remember that, you must not often play the game until the dog is familiar with the comment.
Train to chew a dog toyDo you think training a pet is an easy job? Not at all. But a consistent training for your dog can create an interest in your pet on chewing the toy.
Types of Non-chewersThere are two types of dogs. The first type is the one who chews everything except the toy. The Second-type dogs are hungry and eat everything, but when you examine the teeth of these dogs, they are dirty. Based on the dog’s breed, there are numerous ways to make your pet chew dog toys.
Non-chewersThe only way to make a dog tempt is to stuff delicious treats into a Kong. The reason behind Kong’s invention is to divert the dog from destroying the owner’s domain. Many alternative options to Kong like squeaker bones, tug toys are offered based on the pet’s choice. Apart from the stuff, you can use some other innovative ideas like
- A tug or a rubber bone with a coat of tasty peanut butter or cheese.
- Encourage the dog when he interacts with the toy
- Rap catnip leaves scraps around the toy.
ChewersToo much of everything is good for nothing. People are frustrated when they find dogs eating their shoes instead of toys. But anyway, we can fix this issue